SUPER SMITHS 7

Monday, August 24, 2009

Beach Bums!

Okay, so here's the deal. We took the kids to St. Joesph, Michigan last week just before school started to go to Silver Beach. They were so excited and we had such a wonderful time. To be honest, it was the best beach trip ever! Why? Autumn did not get lost, Ryan did not "almost" drown, no fighting and a great picnic lunch courtesy of Daddy. I know I am a picture maniac and always take too many pictures but I didn't even put all of them on my blog but some I couldn't not put on my blog so.... I know it's a ton but hopefully you will be able to see why this was such a great day trip! Only one hour away!!! Anyone want to volunteer to watch 5 kids so Eric and I can have a weekend getaway here? It is so quaint and has tons of bed and breakfast places, and a beach and....



Here are some highlights:


Arriving at the beach and ready to get in!

Getting used to the water!
London was pretty scared of the water! She would cry when it touched her feet!

London wasn't too sure about the water even when I was holding her!


Daddy Attack!
Brooklyn had tons of fun and her swimming lessons she had this summer made her alot more confident in the water. Totally worth it!


I love this picture of Ryan!
Ryan decided he was going to attack this flotation device and come HELL or highwater he was going to sit on it in the water. It was so funny! He spent at least 10-15 minutes conquering the float and I took pictures the whole time! This was the highlight of our trip! Totally worth it! Enjoy!




London with Daddy!


Playing with sand. What a life!

Our 5 little beach bums!

Collecting rocks and shells. The kids found rocks for Ryan and then he chose which ones he wanted to save for his rock collection for cub scouts.


Noah really enjoyed looking for rocks!

Ryan's two favorites meet. Sand and water!! He was so excited!

London playing in the sand. She liked to stay on the edge and was really unsure of the water.


We loved how it was so shallow and the kids walked out pretty far with their dad.



Had an awesome picnic lunch with the kids after the beach. What a perfect day!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish I could go somewhere like that. Maybe in two years we can do something as a family.
I love the lunch! Olive Garden! You can't beat that!

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump