SUPER SMITHS 7

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Night Before School Nerves!

Last week, on August 18, 2009, Brooklyn, Noah and Autumn went to Flint Lake Elementary to meet their teachers for the upcoming year. Tonight is the night before school starts. They are excited but nervous too! Eric had a meeting so I took the three middle kids to the school and my AWESOME friend Brandi watched Ryan and London for an hour or so until Eric could pick them up. We had a great time meeting all the new teachers and I think it will be a great year for everyone!



Ready or not -- here we come!

Autumn's Kindergarten teacher - Mrs. Biggs. She taught Noah the second half of kindergarten the year we moved here. She is really good and we were so excited for Autumn to have her for Autumn's teacher.


Noah's 2nd grade teacher - Mrs. Douthett. She seems really fun and we heard she likes smiley faces!
Brooklyn's 3rd grade teacher - Mrs. Hoffman. She is really energetic! Brooklyn and I both are nervous for 3rd grade! Brooklyn kept whispering to me during the presentation that she didn't know if she could do 3rd grade and I was thinking I didn't know if I could do it either. I am pretty scared to help Brooklyn in 3rd grade ... I may have a Master's degree but 3rd grade might be beyond my reach. Eric may have to head the homework detail this year!


After they met their teachers, I took a picture of them on the bench outside their school. They are all smiles and I think they are excited for a new year! Brooklyn has to go to the whole other side of the building so there will be lots of changes for her this year.

Back to the van, after meet the teacher, with mostly empty school supply boxes and "homework" for Mom. Later that night Eric gave everyone a father's blessing for the new school year and London one just because. Ryan has meet the teacher at his school after school starts! LOL! That's fine -- he has the same teacher he had last year.
Good Luck in the new year! We love you!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

4 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Love the pictures. I am glad Gabe got to go to flint lake. He really likes playing with noah. Are those the school supplies in the boxes? I will have to try that for next year.

Laura said...

Those are the school supplies! It's awesome just order at the end of the school year and they are ready at registration for the next year. I love it!

Diana said...

The picture of the 3 of them holding hands is super cute! It's my favorite.

Lindsay said...

I loved getting those father's blessings before I started the new school year! It really helps the nerves.

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump