SUPER SMITHS 7

Friday, August 14, 2009

Fast, Fun FHE

For family home evening last week we talked about Samuel the Lamanite. I got the idea for this FHE out of an awesome Family Home Evening Book (Book of Mormon Family Night Lessons That Teach With Treats by Cindy S. Pedersen) and then gave it a twist and we had our lesson and activity. We made a rice krispie tower and discussed the story while making the tower (chocolate sauce for glue). I planned to have the kids throw fruit chews at the tower like the bad guys and then out of the corner of my eye I saw a Samuel we could use for the top of the tower (my twist). So we put Samuel on top of the rice krispie tower and we tried to knock him down with fruit chews. We had a great discussion and the kids had action/fun and a ready made treat! I know we were the bad guys...but it was so fun! Stay tuned for another FHE idea soon compliments of my Mom...burning King Noah at the stake!!!



Noah really got into this activity. Ryan liked sitting by me and eating the fruit chew "stones" that came his way.

This is Samuel the Lamanite on his rice krispie tower!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love that idea! I am so getting that book. Maybe the kids will start to love FHE.

Laura said...

Fabulous idea! It looks like you all had a great time. Kudos.

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump