SUPER SMITHS 7

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School For Four!

The first day of school, August 19 2009, was one week ago today. It has taken me this long to post first day pictures. It has been a crazy week! For some reason I am alot more stressed with 4 kids in school and only 1 at home than I was with 5 at home? I guess I need to adjust to the new schedule and get organized. Any pointers? Anyways, here are fabulous first day pictures:


Brooklyn 9 years, Autumn 5 years

Brooklyn loves pink! She is nervous but excited too! She has lost her glasses over summer so we will be going to Lens Crafters to get a new pair AGAIN! Any guesses on what color her new glasses are?

Autumn is so pumped for Kindergarten. I think she will have tons of fun! She was a little disappointed she doesn't get to bring lunch. Only half day kindergarten at our school.



Noah is really excited! He found out that one his friends from church, Gabe, is going to go to Flint Lake too! He is already planning what they will do at recess and they plan to eat together at lunch.


Noah 7 years and Ryan 10 years


Ryan was excited for school. He takes the bus and loves it!


This picture is a little blurry because I had to take it mega fast. They had already gone out to the van and I realized I hadn't taken a picture of all of my four school kids together! So, I made them come back in and get one group picture. As a result...


I had to chase the bus down two stops past ours to get the kids on the bus. The bus driver even let me run get my camera out of the van and come back to get a picture of them getting on the bus. Not a great picture because of the shadow but a fun story of a crazy mommy chasing a bus on the 1st day of school. The kids still laugh about it!

I brought Ryan to school on the first day so I could talk to the teacher. Here he is by his locker at school.
Ryan is excited to see his teacher and pulls up his notebook just as I snap the picture! Aghhhh!


Here is Autumn after kindergarten. She was happy before she saw me and then started crying. That's why she doesn't look too happy in this picture. Why was she crying? I picked her up instead of letting her take the bus home!!!! What a horrible mommy! LOL! I cannot figure this girl out ... oh ... wait a minute ... she's a girl. No wonder! Even mom's can't figure girls out!
It was kinda weird that I had only London (23 months) home but I liked it. I missed my kiddo's and was really excited when they got home and I got to hear about their day.









3 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Love the pictures! That was smart to take one of them on the bus. And funny too that the bus driver waited. Yes, girls are a mystery. Glad I only have one to try and figure out!

Nikki said...

I cry just thinking about Piper starting school!! Looks like they were all super excited. Hope that stays for a few years!


BY THE WAY.... Your blog is awesome! You can tell you are working hard on it! I am going to be asking oyu for pointers soon, and i have had my blog for 3 years!

Lindsay said...

Crazy Mom? I have those days too. Not running after the bus but close! Peace and quite what does that feel like. Homeschool is way different:P

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump