SUPER SMITHS 7

Sunday, September 20, 2009

TWO-rific Birthday Party!

Last week we had a birthday party for London with her friends. It was totally fun! She had alot of friends come and we did many fun activities. What 2 year old doesn't love: bubbles, books, beanbags, dancing, cupcakes, and tons of candy!!!! She did seem a little overwhelmed with all the attention but overall it was a great night! Thanks to everyone for making this a great night for my baby girl. Here are some party highlights:




Reaching for more marshmallows and candy to put on her cupcake. Everyone had the chance to decorate their own cupcake with cool-whip and then top it with marshmallows and candy!


Getting ready to blow out the candles!








Bubbles were a big hit!


Story time seemed to hold their attention for a few minutes too!

Individual story time was really fun. I think the kids loved having an adult read to them a favorite book!
The best laugh was when Charlie was walking all over the playroom with the bucket on his head!

London can't decide what to put on that cupcake!




Since we celebrated her birthday on 9/11 we talked about how grateful we were to be Americans, how proud we were of all the people who helped us on that day and how we were glad that we could all come together for good on that day despite a horrific tragedy. Then we all blew out one candle together as a symbol of how we all worked together on that day. I really liked the chance to remember the hereos of 9/11 and I think it will become a tradition in our family on that day.


Isn't her dress cute? It was only .75 cents at Unique's the thrift store in Merrillville on 1/2 off day! Thanks Holly for introducing me to my new favorite place!

Money!!! Dollar Store here she comes! It will be fun to let her pay tithing too!

She got lots of great presents and the last was a baby doll. She loved it and started to rock the baby and sing. It was so cute! I can't believe my baby is now 2!!!!

7 comments:

Koch Clan said...

That was a fun birthday party. There was lots of treats! Happy Birthday to London.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday London!! What a fun party!!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Baby! Or not so Baby. You are getting so big and even though you never knew me I loved you from the moment I saw you. I am so glad to see that are getting so big and having a great time in your new home.

Love the idea with the candle! You are great at thinking up ideas for different situations in life.

bridge said...

Sorry I missed out! She's growing into such a spark! Keep up the good work on letting me know what's going on. I love it!

grandma meldrum said...

It was so fun to see pictures of London's birthday party. It looks like all had a great time. Parties are alot of work but she is only 2 once. Miss you guys. Have fun with Karen and family and take lots of pictures. MOM

Emily said...

wow! looks like a jam-packed party. Too bad we couldn't have our two-year olds celebrate together, hunh?

The Gibbs said...

I love the second birthday picture. London is getting so big. I can't believe your baby is 2. Crazy. Time flies. Enjoy those babies.

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump