SUPER SMITHS 7

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My first ...

GARAGE SALE!!!! It was alot of work but totally worth it! I had tons of help from my friends and wonderful husband Eric. I couldn't have done it without you! Eric was up late with me sorting and organizing and testing toys with batteries to make sure they worked. Then, he was up again with me at 5am on Saturday to help finish organizing and setting up. What an awesome guy! Amy and her Mom, the garage sale guru's, helped me sort 15+ bins of toys ... ok I tried to get rid of it all but ended up finding some real lost treasures and kept 4 bins of toys I just couldn't part with yet! Maybe next year! Amy's mom also donated some of her Malaluca (I know I spelled that wrong) product to get nail polish off my crib and it worked awesome. Kay-Lynn came over for a playdate and ended up helping me list my garage sale on Craig's List and then helped me organize and tape together toys and package small items together.

I still have tons of toys in my playroom so I am not sure how this garage sale helped de-clutter my house, but my shed is very spacious now! Hopefully, we will now be able to move some things out to the shed. We also moved our food storeage from the garage to the downstairs cement room so it has been a chaotic mess at our house but it can only get better! I had tons of kids clothes too! I am bringing the leftovers to the consignment shop and then will give the rest to friends or the thrift store.

Everyone has asked me if I will ever do it again? And I just tell them that -- I was $157.00 richer at 2pm than I was at 7am that morning -- HELL YA!

Some garage sale highlights:

My friend Amy, the garage sale guru, stashed some of her favorite toys before the sale and came to pick them up on Saturday. Thanks Amy!!!

Me with Brooklyn, Luke (Amy's boy), Noah and Autumn. My kids tried their hands at selling lemonade and popcorn for 10 cents each and made $3.35. They recieved a few big tips and only worked for about 1/2 hour ... I guess it's not all that it's cracked up to be because then they wanted to play. Good job guys! London and Ryan played inside with Daddy.


Brooklyn plays Barbies with Samantha across the street. They played for hours and had so much fun!

Autumn keeps me company at the table.

Noah was pretty bored until he made up a game with his Nerf gun. We predicted different garage sale items we thought he would be able to hit with his Nerf bullets.

Now Autumn is across the street playing with Barbies.

I got really sun burnt! Part way through the day Eric came out and told me I needed to move into the shade. If he hadn't I would have been a goner! I am holding up my loot! $157.00! I only sold 1 item for $10.00, 2-3 items for $5.00 and all the other items for $3.00 or less. I was a happy woman!

We took the kids to Dairy Queen and spent some of our money on dipped icecream cones/cup. Did you know DQ had chocolate icecream? We didn't but were really excited! Everyone got chocolate icecream with hard chocolate on top except Autumn who wanted just chocolate icecream.


Ryan really LOVED this treat!


All in all it was a great day! I'm already collecting for next year!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I wish I had the time and help to have a yard sale too! You have some really good friends. You did a great job!
Love the music!

Lynn Mayden said...

Hey! You should have posted your garage sale on the meet-up so I could have come to see your wares and buy lemonade.

Nikki said...

I didn't even know you were having a garage sale! Good thing I didn't cause I have no room for anything and it is about to get more crowded!

p.s. love the new tunes :=o)

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump