SUPER SMITHS 7

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Honest Truth is ...

I'm scared to put this on my blog but tons of people have said that it has helped them be accountable. So to anyone who follows me and knows that my love language is words of affirmation I need lots of encouragement and support because I need to be skinnerish -

January 22/2010

Weight - 178.8 lbs (Don't scream too loud with fear!)

BMI - 32.7 (OBESE - Noah saw me checking and asked what obese meant - I told him super-overweight and he thought that it was pretty funny for Mom to be in the super-overweight category but thought that it was even more funny for me to say I was trying to just be overweight)

Exercise - 20 minutes at 2.5 miles on Treadmill (I did this tody for the 1st time since before Thanksgiving)

Intial Goal Weight - 163 lbs (Then I will just be overweight)

The Dr. has told me also that my cholesterol is high and I have two months to bring it down or I will have to be put on medicine. Any suggestions?

Wish me luck and I will update often!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Laura! You are a brave woman! And I commend you for all you are starting to do! This will also be great for me to check in on my friends and it will help me to keep going with my own goals I have set! You are awesome for getting on the treadmill! Way to go! You can do it! You don't want to be on meds for cholesterol, so keep it up!!! You are an amazing woman who does amazing things! Just add this step to the 'amazing list'! (and no, I didn't scream with your weight, cause I've got you beat!) My goal is around the 160's as well. My tips from just this week are, drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, eat smaller portions, cut out most sugar - I've cut out 95% of sugar this week - and don't eat past 6 or 7 pm. and go to bed by 10pm. Getting enough sleep is crucial! It's working for me so far this week cause I've lost 5 pounds!!!! SINCE SUNDAY! Yah-oooo! Start slow, and build up...I'm trying that again getting back into my workout routine. Brandi and I did Zumba this morning and it was FUN! Anyway, great job! Love you!

Koch Clan said...

Yes, come to zumba with us. You need to start coming to the y with us. It is great! You can totally do this. Keep up the exercise and try to eat smaller portions. I think what amy said was good to not eat after 6ish. I try not to eat after I get home from school late at night. And drink lots of water. Seriously though, come to the ymca. Even days I don't want to go the kids look forward to playing in the kid area so I feel like I have to go and then I feel much better.

Laura said...

You can do it Laura! I too am losing weight. So far (since Jan. 1) I have lost 5 pounds. My weigh in days are Sunday and I hope to make it to 6 by the 24th. I started at 204 and I want to get as close to my pre-pregnancy weight of 150 as possible. (I would be really happy at 160 though!)
I am using myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and exercise.

Nikki said...

GOOD LUCK Laura! You are a determined strong women! I know you can do this!

The Gibbs said...

Yikes! To post your weight and BMI is brave. I think it is sooo good that you dusted off your treadmill. I find even if I don't lose weight fast by doing the treadmill I feel much better every day that I do it. Great work!!! You can do it.

Brooke said...

Did you exercise today? It is still not too late. Good luck!

Laura said...

I was about to ditch exercising today until I read your comment at about 5:00 pm. I repented and exercised my 20 minutes after supper. You know me too well!!!

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump