SUPER SMITHS 7

Saturday, December 12, 2009

HALLOWEEN!!!!

We had tons of fun at the ward trunk or treat party. Our friends from down the street came to the Church with us for the fun. Four adults and eight kids was alot to keep track of with tons of other adults and kids running around. There was a chilli cook off and meal and then the kids went out to get the goods! They ended up with tons of candy and had an awesome time. London did get lost at one point and thankfully ended up with one of the young women. All in all it was a great night!


Sabrina, London, and Big Boy play ring around the rosy.

London and Anthony. She is so friendly it is scary!!!

Noah wins the cake walk. He is all smiles!

Autumn and Sabrina. I think they both won a prize at the cake walk too!

Ryan enjoys a few moments of spare time out of his stroller. He was pretty good for a little while and then need to have a break in his stroller. He is sitting by Sister Newman who is his cub scout den leader. He went up to her and was saying "Hi" trying to get her attention.

This is my friend Brandi (who ROCKS!!) and her son Jude. She made turkey pumpkin chili for the cook off and won the prize for the most unique! It was so good! She had made it and I tried it a few weeks before the cook off and I told her it was so good she should enter the contest. Let me know if you want the recipe! How could it not be good with cilantro in it?

This is a picture of our group minus the adults and the baby (Sophia). I think our friends had fun and the kids received a pretty big stash! Good news for Mom and Dad!

The kids are enjoying some of their hard-earned candy! However, we did have a little snag in our Halloween activities. I let the kids eat as much candy as they wanted and then Autumn woke up throwing up that night (probably too much sweets) and then the next night Brooklyn woke up in the night throwing up!! This time I think it was an allergic reaction to wheat and malt which are ingredients that are both in a Milky Way and which Brooklyn is allergic too because she has Celiac Disease. Yikes!!! Not my best mother moment! Oh well, we now know that Brooklyn can not eat Milky Ways ever again!!!



This is a shot on actual Halloween night. We went around the neighborhood and it was good weather. Not too cold! We went with our friends Sarah, Anthony and their kids and our other friends Brandi and two of her kids.


This is how we ended the night. A most of the group shot. We had some good treats and unique ones too (juice boxes, pencils, fruit and pudding). The kids really liked the juice boxes and drank these on the walk back home. We left a bowl of candy outside our door and left a note for people to take 2 or 3 pieces of candy. When we got home there was still some left but some had been taken so I guess it worked out. Yeah!!
I love how the kids costumes sorta coordinated even though you would think they didn't at first. In my previous post you can see their costumes better but this is how I think of it--
Brooklyn is a princess who has been kidnapped by Ryan, a jail - bird. The superhereos, Noah, a white Ninja, Autumn, Wonder Woman, and London, Supergirl are sent to rescue the princess and return the jail bird to prison.

Don't you love it! Halloween is my favorite holiday of all!!!!! Can't wait until next year!!!

3 comments:

Koch Clan said...

I love all the pictures! I owe my most unique to you! We had so much fun trick or treating! And I liked the loot too!

Emily said...

Good work getting your Halloween pictures up. Now you just need to do Thanksgiving, and Christmas... yikes you could get even more behind than you are with your scrapbooking! Just kidding.
Looks like you had a fun Halloween and loaded up on the candy. 3 trick or treats - good work! I do want the recipe for your friend's chilli - you're right cilantro is often the magic ingredient.

Lynn Mayden said...

I want the recipe too! I love chili. You sure did a lot for Halloween!

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump