You know it's bad when you wake up on a Sunday morning and...
1. You try on the new skirt you just bought and say to your 9 year old, "I don't know if I like this skirt, it makes me look fat" and she says "It's not just that skirt Mom, you look fat in pretty much anything you wear!"
2. You go to cut your bangs just before Church so you can see - all the kids in the car - you look at the clock and it's 8:58 am. Church starts at 9 am.
3. You are putting makeup on - on the way to Church, not buckled in (yikes!), and pull in 5 minutes late into the parking lot ready to run into the Church only to be stopped by a policeman!!! And I quote, "Did you not see me trying to pull you over on Burlington Beach, my lights flashing and then hear my siren?" All I could say was "No - sorry!" Anyways, I was clocked going 46 mph in a 30 mph zone. I wasn't trying to speed. He must not have seen me without a seatbelt on because he didn't mention it. Thank goodness!!! I normally wear my seatbelt it was just crazy this am. Anyways, I got a warning - not a ticket which was totally amazing. I never get out of tickets! I told Eric it was probably because I was going to Church and Heavenly Father knew I would snap if I got a ticket.
4. We were in such a rush for Church I didn't change the baby's diaper and figured I would change it after sacrament. During sacrament Eric gets my attention and asks if I had changed London's diaper?? ... then points down to the huge wet spot on his pants.
5. I came back into sacrament after taking London to the bathroom and Noah was up standing in front to give his testimony and not saying anything --- finally the Bishop whispered to him and then he came back and sit down. I didn't know what was going on and was really embarassed for him. Come to find out he had a frog in his throat and couldn't start his testimony. He did later that day.
6. London started acting crazy and crying in sacrament so out I go again and I was not too happy ... Sister Berry followed me out and took London for me -- she knew I was having a bad day since she saw the cop pull me over at Church.
My one major highlight of the day was that I got to hold Odessa Richardson (only a few months old) for Relief Society. When I came to get London to go to the bathroom, Odessa was crying and I offered to take her to Relief Society with me. Niki (mom) has three kids and is the nursery leader and one of her kids is nursery age, one almost nursery age and then the baby. It was so fun to hold her baby and I had a few people who thought she looked good on me!!! What a beauty! We will miss you Niki!!!
Needless to say this was my day from 6:40 am to 12 noon. Sundays do seem to be a challenge for our family but I'm sure we'll survive. Had to record this for posterity because otherwise I would want to block it out.