SUPER SMITHS 7

Monday, April 26, 2010

SCARLET FEVER?!?!?!

Well, it was getting a little boring at the Smith house. No medical emergency, except the fake 911 call, at the Smith home for over 1 month. So...

1. Take one Autumn
2. A sore throat (so sore Autumn and I hit CVS at 4 am this morning in search of throat cures -- $10 later none of which worked or she would take!)
3. Fever of 101.2
4. Rash all over chest and back and some on face and hands


You have a VERY bad case of strepe throat with rash (aka. Scarlet Fever!) Scary huh?

Sounds more scary than it is. Just treated the same as strepe throat with anitbiotics but I think a little higher dose than normal. She has been home from school today and will be tomorrow for sure too.

I have to say that people at Church should love me for making that baby stay home Sunday. She had a fever Saturday night but felt ok in the morning but I thought it might be better for her not to go to Church in case she did have strepe. A good Mom moment!

Well T.V. and ice pops have been a hit today and so far everyone is holding their own. Everyone took a nap -- we all didn't get much sleep last night!!!

Any well wishes for Autumn? Wish us luck!!!!

2 comments:

Lynn Mayden said...

I hope Autumn gets better very soon! I was hoping to see you this Friday at Moms night out but it sounds like you are very busy.

Unknown said...

good luck with all of that. i was going to call you last week, but i lost my voice. seriously. i'll probably try to call you tomorrow!

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump