SUPER SMITHS 7

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Drama Queens

Ok, so I wanted to get Brooklyn's haircut before our company comes tommorrow. So... the other day I still hadn't made an appointment for her so I decided to do it myself. I have done it a few times before so I wasn't too scared. Well then Autumn wants her hair cut too! They both announce they want to be twins and have their haircut the same length. I asked how short they wanted it ... and Brooklyn showed me on Autumn. (Note to self, this may not be a decision for a nine year old to make without some major guidelines).

Anyways, I made the first cut on Autumn per Brooklyn's length instructions and I was scared. I didn't know what to do except keep on cutting!!!!! I was a little shocked at how short it really was once I cut half way around her head ... but I just kept on going. After her haircut Autumn went and looked in the mirror and I tried not to have a heart attack. Her hair was just past her shoulder and now it is at her jaw bone. When Autumn came out of the bathroom she came over to me and took one look at her hair on the floor and started crying! I calmed her down the best I could and told her not to worry because I was going to cut Brooklyn's hair the same way --- just as short! What else could I do? I wish I would have thought to take before pictures but here are some shots just after the cuts.




This is all of their hair I cut off! Yikes!!! I wanted to save it but Eric nixed that idea.

The next morning before school they started fighting (surprised aren't you?) so Brooklyn didn't want to be twins anymore. I made her take one twin picture with Autumn anyway.


Brooklyn wanted her hair to be different than Autumn's and chose two pigtails. Autumn is devastated and won't even pose for the picture.



Autumn and I agreed that she would look great with one ponytail in the back and that way they were still sorta twins because they both had pony tails in their hair. Drama --- Drama --- Drama! I hope I live!!!! With three girls in the house every moment is either UP or DOWN!
By the next day and with a little bit of a curl from the curling iron I actually really like their hair and they do too!!!! All in a day's work! That night I cut Ryan's hair too!



2 comments:

Nikki said...

My sister and I never wanted the same hair cut. I guess if you are a twin you try really hard to not look like the other!

Emily said...

Cute haircuts. You are brave for doing the haircutting yourself. I use the clippers on Doug but I haven't touched Margo's hair (and neither has anyone else for that matter).

London & Missionaries

Jump, Mommy (missionary), Jump